Monday, November 7, 2011

Version 1.0

Sometimes I get caught in vicious cycles in life where daily patterns become permanent numbing fixtures, and in my eyes all I see is the brick wall separating me from the rest of the world being stacked higher and higher. I don't understand why companies, like Apple and the Mac laptops, come out with 2 new versions of the same product every year. I realize that this is to make the most profit, but why doesn't everyone else see this problem, and more importantly why can't the people in charge realize this? Have they been prematurely blinded by dollar bill signs and luxury resorts? Why can't we work to produce something that wont need to be replaced instead of making things that are meant to break and be replaced?

This is a vicious cycle I am talking about. Everyone else seems to be fine, or ignore this fact, but I see the dilemma. Most of my life I always felt like I took care of myself, even in high school I had a well paying job and the money I was spending was the money I was making. Fortunately, I have usually managed to always have work and money coming in, but this economy has stripped that comfort for many people. I am one of them. Mom and Dad don't give me money every month for anything, they never have. No I find myself, a talented, hard working and good person who can't get a job anywhere. I am perfectly capable of doing most things, but the fact that I can't make this advancement for myself means while the rest of the world is upgrading, I'm still running version 1.0. 

No comments:

Post a Comment