Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Positive

This blog has become my personal venting tool. Krys, I'm sorry about that so if you read this and start hating me I totally understand, just promise to still grade me fairly, which I know that you will.

But because I just realized all the negative juju coming from this blog I want to talk about a book we just read, Convergence Culture by Henry Jenkins. This book brought up a lot of solid points to how these new technologies really do benefit society. If you think about kids being born now or even up to five years ago, the first pieces of technology they are going to become familiar with are iPhones, iPads, and laptops, while we were gently brought into this world as they eventually were put on the market. Children who are being born now have huge parts of their upbringing on these new technologies and making things like a whiteboard for a classroom but in the style of an iPad is genius. It makes learning interactive, fun, and relate able to the younger generations of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment